Yesterday, when Patrick got home from school, I asked him to get his homework out, he did and handed me a stack of notes. One of the notes was congratulating him on being the Student of the Month! I was so excited for him and he was very excited too. :) His big highlight is that he gets to eat lunch with the Principal in the Library on Thursday with the other Students of the month from other grades. Neither John nor I ever had anything like that happen for us so we're just excited that Patrick is enjoying school and really doing well, it's very fun to see.
I haven't blogged for a while, I guess after all the exciting Christmas festivities, life is feeling pretty blah now. :) We're just back into normal life I guess. It's a little different now though, we have a couple changes: John has started back at school, he says it feels good to be doing it. We're just hoping the next couple years goes by pretty fast so we can have our daddy back at night. John is very thoughtful of me, even when he has a lot to do with work and homework, he always fits in a little family time and I really appreciate him for that. He's such a great guy!
I am enjoying work a lot better because I only have two shifts a day instead of four. I can't believe what two hours more a day does for me. I am doing much better at keeping the house tidy, I actually make my bed every day, I'm sure John would agree, it's a good change. :) We also sold my car, I really miss it, especially in the snow, but we're just trying to save up a bit for a van when #4 gets here.
Well, I think that's all our "news". I'm excited to get back to playgroups and seeing my friends, I missed you all during the Christmas break, so if you too are a little bored, please CALL ME! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go, Patrick!!! Of course he would be student of the month. He has great parents. Isn't it funny how we are so excited when our children accomplish something that we never did. Emma is a total performer and is not afraid to do or try anything. I was totally shy and afraid until I was a teenager. I love that she is so confident. What job are you doing right now? I had no idea. Nice friend I am. I felt the same BLAH after christmas. I was tired and had nothing to say. Keep blogging, I love reading it.
Post a Comment