I'm almost 30, which really isn't that old, but sounds older than I want to be, I guess. :) I don't think 30 will be as hard as 29 was though. I don't know why, (I never thought I'd be one to really care about my age) but 29 was a little difficult for me. So, hopefully I've dealt with the fact that no matter what I do, I'm aging. I've been able to tease John about a few strands of gray hair on the sides of his head for about a year now, it's fun to have something to tease him about. Now, I have nothing to hang over his head, I'm catching up. I thought (or I guess I just wished) I'd take after my mom and not have gray hair until I was closer to 50; I guess I have a little too much Dalley in me because the other day.... John found a few gray hairs on me!
I've decided to think that it's because I've learned a few lessons in life. For each gray hair (3 or 4) maybe I've learned a lesson, so by the time my life is over, hopefully I will be covered with gray, but you won't know it because I'm very ok with dying my hair!

5 comments:
Oh FREAK!!! I am going to be 30 just a month after you. I can't believe it. I feel so young. I think I am going to gray really young. I have opposite situation with my parents. My dad hardly has any gray hairs and my mom started going gray in her late 30's. I am all about dying my hair too. It comes so cheap now. My mom uses those boxes from the store and it looks so good. It is not fair that when guys go gray the look "distinguished" and we look like old hags. Ha ha!!!
3 or 4???? Try 30 or 40, LOL
I can hear it now, "Who's that old grandma John is with?" I love it.
John...did Denise rob the cradle or what? I hope everything was legal if you know what I mean.
Oh my gosh! I saw your blog on Jordan's site! So excited! Check mine out! And your kids are soooo adorable too! romanandmelissa.blogspot.com
John Legend stole the tune for save Room from the old song called "Stormy". Think they'll sue him? Hmm. Oh, Hi. Abe posted your blog on our dalleyfamily site. All our kids have blogs too so if you want to see Angie's. Well I can't remember it so go to mine and goe to hers from there. Mine is grandpaandnaunie.blotspot.com
It's nice to see your family but where are you? Uncle John
Post a Comment