Well, this weekend was great, very relaxing for me! On Thursday night, my sister and her husband were here from Texas and we got to go to dinner with her and my two brothers and their wives. We had such a great time, I really love all my family. Everytime we all get together, John asks me "Why don't we do that more often?" It was really nice to be without the kids and just enjoy each other! :)
Friday night was nice too. Our friends took our kids for the night so we could get out on a date before we were stuck home all the time with the new little one. We just went to dinner and then decided to run to Costco to get big things of toilet paper, paper towels etc. I know, it doesn't sound so romantic, but going to Costco without kids is so much more enjoyable than with! :) It was just fun to be with John, we seem to miss each other a lot with him doing school and work on the side and of course with me going to bed at 8:30 or 9:00!
Saturday the boys and I decorated Easter eggs, they had a lot of fun. Will's hair has been so out of control lately, I sucummed to the haircut of John's choice for the boys, buzz. But I have to say, it's so much easier and looks really cute on Will. John had to do a little mohawk for fun. Tonja, I thought you might appreciate those pics! :)
Sunday was different this year, we usually get together with John's family for dinner and the annual Roylance Easter egg hunt, but it didn't work out for everyone on Sunday so we did that on Monday. We woke up Sunday morning and the Easter bunny had left suits for the boys and hidden their baskets. We helped Will find his pretty quick, but Patrick refused any help......until he couldn't find it. Then we played Buhla, Buhla (Dalley family game like hot & cold) to help him find it.
After church, the boys got to find their eggs that they painted, the Easter bunny hid them in our yard while we were at church. It was such a nice day! We had a little BBQ and ate outside, then we had some English Triffle (Lisa's recipe, thanks Lisa!), which tasted so good after eating way too much chocolate Easter candy. I don't know what's wrong with me, you'd think that as an adult, I would lay off the candy a little bit, but when it's there I eat it, especially when it's chocolate!
We watched the Easter DVD the church sent a couple years ago and talked about Easter with the kids, well, mostly Patrick. It was a nice Easter.
Monday, we went to Roylance's and had our Easter egg hunt. The kids always have fun seeing each other and of course it's always fun to be with family for John and me too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Buzz cuts are the best. I can't imagine life without my "hair bucket." I couldn't have three girls without it.
Your boys look very handsome dressed up in their suits (including John)!! One day I might have to buy Calvin one...I know, almost 8 and never had a suit! You are such a good mom!! The thing I have always admired about you is your patience with your children. So when you are feeling down about over sleeping, which is at least not putting YOUR children in danger...call me and let me talk to you about yelling at Luke all day while I am trying to study as he is (still) throwing raw eggs all over the kitchen....Believe me...YOU are a great mom. My neighbors probably called DCFS! :) LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment