I thought I'd just give a little update with pics and info on how we're doing.
It started out a little rough with James. I thought it was a little too easy, actually. I was getting about six hours of sleep at night and James slept most of the day away. Then nursing got harder and harder until he wouldn't do it anymore. I was a basket case, John was great at supporting me and trying to calm me down, but I felt like I was starving my baby. I would supplement with formula and pump, etc. I'll spare all the lovely details.
Anyway, my mom took me to the lactation specialist and it helped so much! James is a totally different baby, he's way more alert and awake, which maybe isn't so great at night, but I'm grateful, that he's acting more like the babies I've had in the past. I never thought I'd appreciate only getting 3 - 4 hours of broken up sleep a night! We'll see how long that appreciation lasts. :)
My parents came to stay with us and help the first three days that I came home from the hospital. Unfortunately I am horrible at remembering to take pictures, so this is all I got of my parents while they were here, sorry Dad.
They were so great! Grandpa walked Patrick to school everyday and babysat Will while Grandma took me to the lactation speicialist, he even helped clean and do laundry. Grandma made dinners and cleaned and helped a ton with the kids too. At first, with
James sleeping so much, we got to just sit around and chat. We haven't been to visit them in a long time so it was nice to spend time with them one-on-one for so long. The last day they were here, they let me take a nap and surprisingly enough, Will and James took naps at the same time and I woke up to a clean, clean house and clean laundry and meals in the fridge. I'm so grateful that my parents were able to come up and visit. Along with John and me, the boys absolutely loved spending time with them!
My mom made a quilt for James, she makes the best quilts, so soft and fluffy, here's a picture of James enjoying his blanket from Grandma.
Along with having James come home, we had Justin (my nephew) leave us. :( He's been here almost the whole time we've lived here. It's been so fun to get to know him better and have him here. Patrick totally idolizes Justin. As soon as Patrick found out how much Justin loved basketball, it immediatly became Patrick's favorite sport. He loves to tell people how much his cousin knows about basketball. Although Patrick and Will tortured Justin every chance they could, hopefully Justin enjoyed staying here. We'll miss you Justin!

4 comments:
I was so happy to see you posted some more pictures. I'm glad things are going smoothly (as smooth as one can expect with a new baby).
Love you!
I LOVED seeing you today and being able to hold your sweet little baby! It was fun to just talk for a little while, it kind of felt like old times. I miss you guys and hate that you live SO far away! ;) I hope that I will be a better friend this summer and get to see you more often. I've missed you! I am glad that you and your little family are doing so well! We love you guys!
Congrats you guys...he is an absolute doll. I love all that hair. We hope all is going well with you guys and you are getting some good sleep :)
Congrats on your beautiful baby!! I am so glad I found your blog! So fun to see your boys growing up! Lots of love!
Tami Meacham
Post a Comment