
I'm reading this book right now and learning A LOT! It's eye-opening and very exciting to understand, what I think is our Heavenly Father's idea of how he would prefer us to act or think.
"You cannot feed [energizing love] to yourself. Most of the people in the world believe that you can. They tell you that you must. It becomes an urgency to "feel good about yourself," a strain to admire yourself, a demand to be admirable. The self-focus will keep you from peace."
"Let thy bowels also be full of charity(pure LOVE of Christ) towards all men,... and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong" ---D&C 121:45

3 comments:
That sounds like a very interesting book. We didn't have much free time this weekend, but one of these times when we're down your way we want to come visit. It wasn't quite swimming weather this weekend, though!
You inspire me. I wish I took the time to read...I feel like I have developed adult add. I can't sit very long and read without my mind wandering and thinking of all the things I need to get done. I need to force myself. I need to see you soon!
I read this book MANY years ago and have since given it as a gift often. It's one I re-read periodically b/c it has a message I need to hear frequently. I LOVE it! So many great quotes and ideas.
Post a Comment