Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thoughts lately...

I've been thinking about this for the last couple of days and figured it's something I don't want to forget so I thought I'd write it down, aka post it. :)
I was reading in D&C 136:39, speaking of Joseph Smith Jr. :

"Many have marveled because of his death; but it was needful that he should seal his testimony with his blood, that he might be honored and the wicked might be condemned."

I thought that was very interesting it made me think about William Tyndale and how he died for his beliefs, Abinadi, Joan of Arc....all who did not fear death because they knew their cause was just and all would be well with God.

In testimony meeting, a man stood up and was telling about the men who signed the Declaration of Independence and how they each went through such trials and many were killed because of it. It made me realize that they too had to "seal their testimonies with their blood" and because of that we need to learn more about them and give them the respect that they deserve so they are not forgotten.

No comments: