Sunday, July 13, 2008

We Made It!

Well, we are in our new home and it feels great to finally be here and actually mostly settled already.
On the drive down, Will got to ride half way with John in the truck, then he and Patrick switched so Patrick could have a turn. James did so great, I couldn't believe it, he was perfect, he's been so good all week, another blessing in my life.
On the way to Grandma's, I told Will, "Hey, you know what? Your room has pink carpet, it has a pink floor!" He got all excited and said, "Awesome!" Then, when we got to Grandma's house, he wandered around exploring and saying how awesome everything was. He took me in my parent's bedroom (the master bedroom) and said, "Look, this is awesome" and then took me in the master bathroom like he'd never seen one before and said, "And look, AWESOME!" It makes it a lot easier to move when your kids are excited about it, that's for sure. :)
When we got here, Mom and Dad were waiting and ready to help. Kurt and Garrett came right over to start unloading too. We really appreciate all the help everyone gave us, I know I've said this before, but John and I really do have the best families.
After we unloaded the truck, Sheila came over and she and Mom helped me unload boxes. We only have about 4 boxes left. It feels so good to be pretty much settled already. I thought I'd be unloading stuff for a couple weeks!
Anyway, we're here, we're safe and we're happy! Now we just need to find John a job and we'll be great!!!!
Thanks again everyone for all your love and support!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so glad that you guys made it down there safe and sounds!

Jen said...

What's the deal with the pink fettish in the Roylance family???? I love it... so secure with their manhood, I guess!
I can't wait to come see you down there... I think it will be soon (somehow the jumpsuit ended up at our house, we'll bring it back to you when we come... Will seems to be in need)!

chicko.bagock.i.say(: said...

yeah!!
im so excited you guys moved down here!
me and kelsie were soo excited when we heard grandma say you guys were coming in a few weeks!
but now that time has come..and i haven't even seen you yet!
whats up with that???!
haha.
probably because i just got home from girls camp..and my family just got home from salt lake..
but im soo excited! :]
hahaha.
we love you guys.
and for sure.
were gonna come see you guys this week.
i can't wait.

also..
those pics of james are soo stinken
cute and adorable..
i haven't seen you guys in forever and he is getting soo big.
all of them are.
but im soo excited you guys live down here now.!!!
haha.
i better go.
and sorry for the lonng comment :]

love you
your brookie cookie poo. :]

Spencer and Joanie said...

I am so glad that you have made it safe and sound...I admit, I am still 'not happy' that you are there and not here. But I am 'happy' you are safe and feeling good! I can't wait to see you! Maybe I should invite myself soon! ;)

Sara H. said...

I am sad you are gone but glad you made it okay. I miss you but hopefully I will make it down there this winter! Corn season starts tomorrow! Crazy! Love and miss you!

Luisa said...

I'm so glad things went so well. Good luck with the job search for John. Sorry we couldn't get together before you left. It was such short notice and a crazy time of year. Let us know when you come into town and we'll all get together. Good luck with the new adventure!

Laisa said...

Only real men love pink :D. I'm so glad the trip down went well - its not fun when the kids are pains (ha ha). If we ever pass through we'll call ya........so you can feed us (ha ha ha). Good luck finding a job John! :D

Jordan said...

WHAT???!!! I haven't checked blogs in a while and just learned you've moved to St. George! I wish you the best down there and hope to have you back in Utah Valley before too long. Now who's going to organize get-to-gethers? Hope you have a wonderful experience around so much family and friends! We'll miss you! Keep blogging!!!

The White Family said...

I had no idea you were moving back down! I'm glad the trip went well, especially with three kids. Good luck with everything!

Jordan said...

ME again! Denise, I'm thinking of you today (Sunday) because it's your birthday. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I will miss you while you're in St.George. What is your new phone number?